From John, chapter 11 (Aramaic Bible in English & KJV)

But Maryam, when she came where Yeshua was and saw him, she fell before his feet and she said to him, "My Lord if only you would have been here, my brother would not have died!"  But when Yeshua saw that she wept and those Jews who had come with her weeping, he was powerfully moved in his spirit and his soul was moved.  And he said, "Where have you laid him?" And they said to him, "Come see, Our Lord."  Yeshua wept.


And the Jews were saying, "See how much he loved him!"  But some of them said, "Was not this one who had opened the eyes of the blind man able to cause that even this one would not have died?" But Yeshua, being powerfully moved within himself, came to the tomb, and the tomb was a cave and a stone had been placed over its doorway. And Yeshua said, "Take away this stone." Martha, the sister of him who had died, said to him, "My Lord, by now it is putrid, for it has been four days." Yeshua said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?" And they took away that stone and Yeshua himself lifted his eyes above, and he said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me.  And I know that you always hear me, but for the sake of this crowd that is standing here I said these things, that they may believe that you have sent me."  And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice,  "Lazarus, come forth." And he that was dead came forth....



No comments:

Post a Comment