ABOUT THE ARTWORK

I open the site with the pencil drawing with a rainbow-colored eye.  The rainbow eye is to symbolize that Jesus loves gay people.  He calls them out of sin and back to life, just like the rest of us sinners.  It is more striking to me to just have the eye in color.  That way the eye stands out more.  I draw in pencil.  Then I scan the drawing into the computer for black and white touch ups.  Then I color it.  Here it is digitally painted - without the tear and rainbow eye:




I depict Jesus with one eye revealed and one unseen. This is to symbolize the duel nature of Christ, which is difficult to perceive and accept. What Christians believe about this has put us at odds with the rest of humanity for almost 2000 years.


ARTWORKS:
©  2015 GSO - Horseman
All rights reserved. Use only with artist's permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment